Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The big 3-0

Yesterday was my 30th birthday and it was a wonderful day. Matt asked if I was sad that I didn't have a big party, and honestly, no. I'm not. The day was perfect exactly how it was. I got to sleep in, relax, and enjoy the day with our little family of 4.


The day started out with Matt getting up with Ethan and letting me sleep in. At 9:45 all 3 of them brought me breakfast in bed. Here's the remnants. There were pancakes with fresh berries and applesauce. Yum!


The kids bought me a Keurig! I love it :)  Ethan gets up around 7:45 and I am finding that I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning. I don't need more than a cup, so a Keurig is perfect for me. Ethan appears to be taking full credit for the idea in this picture. His little face cracks me up.

After breakfast I found out that Matt had booked me a massage. It was 90 minutes of pure bliss. When I got home the kids were well taken care of and the dishes and laundry were done. My husband is amazing. Later that night we went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill. The kids were really good and Emma loved her spaghetti. 

Can't get enough of these 2!

 

When we got home Matt had a cake for me with 30 candles. It was delicious.


Then he gave me an incredible gift. This is a mother's necklace. The stones are Emerald and Diamond. Those are not Ethan and Emma's birthstones however. This necklace is to represent my mom and I.  As many of you know, my first mother Catherine (Emma's namesake) passed away when I was a toddler. Emerald is her birthstone and Diamond is mine. I do not have many items that belonged to her but the few that I do have are very important to me. Matt wanted to get me a special gift in honor of her memory. This is a necklace that represents her and I. It will be something that I can pass on to Emma one day. It will carry on a small piece of my mother's memory forever. It is a priceless gift. My husband has a beautiful heart. He made this birthday the best one yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment