Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dreaming of the Slopes

This week I am home alone. Well, that doesn't differ too much from other weeks except that Matt isn't coming home at night. He is travelling for "work." The lucky guy is in Park City, Utah at an orthopaedics conference where he is being housed at a beautiful resort. They have a break scheduled every afternoon from 11- 3 so that they can ski/snowboard. Yes, life is tough in the world of hip and knee implants. I'd love to be there with him but seeing as how I'm pregnant, I can not ski. Being at home alone all day gives you a lot of time to think. I have realized that I love the mountains. I love the fresh air, the smell of the pine trees, and the sound of the stream. It's peaceful and beautiful and carries so many memories for me. As a child, we camped each summer in some beautiful places. Now that I live in the land of flatness, I realize that I never knew how lucky I was to live so close to many different landscapes.

One place I have always wanted to take Matt is Washington state, a place with such a beautiful landscape. I was lucky enough to visit Washington in high school when my brother graduated from college. I may have only been there once, but it's a place I've never forgotten and always wanted to return to. So now we are planning a way to get there this summer. Yes, we know the baby will only be a few months old. Matt is trying to get some guys together to go backpacking, and I just need someone to keep me company while they are on the trail. We'll keep you posted on the progress of vacation plans. All I know is, if he gets to go to WA without me, I will be one unhappy "doesn't get to camp"-er. So if you're interested, let us know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment